Last night I had a sweet tooth.
Usually, Hubby does the cooking but last night could not be compelled to make anything. Drat!
I guess I should not complain because This Week he has made 2 cherry pies and 1 apple pie including making the pie crusts using lard. He even latticed the apple pie crust.
Yes, we ate those pies, all of them.
Anyway, my sweet tooth was not to be denied so I perused the pantry for ideas.
I found a bag of coconut in the pantry since Christmas, 1 can of condensed milk, several pounds of powdered sugar, a little bit of vanilla extract. There was also cake mix and Jello- ick- boring.
In the fridge was cream cheese and butter. Lots of possibilities there.
I thought of the Coconut Pie Which Makes It Own Crust and found the recipe but it required too much work. I had to measure more than one ingredient. Gooey Cheesecake bars - ditto.
So I surfed the web for something quick and easy and came across a photograph of the back of a vintage-y looking coconut package with a macaroon recipe on it. It is so easy it is ridiculous.
1-14 ounce package coconut
1-can sweetened condensed milk
2-tsp vanilla
Mix all together and drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet and bake @ 350' for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
So simple, so good, I may need an intervention.
As it turns out, I've had these several times before.
The priest's wife where I once went to church used to always bring these to church gatherings.
Now I know why. Smart lady.
I can't wait to try out this recipe! Thanks for sharing Aunt Robin!
ReplyDelete