I had established this blog on turning 50 with great expectations for the beginning of the New Adventure in my life . Two and one-half years later and now 52, having weathered far more than I am willing to admit publicly, here I am again. My first post on the minutiae of the ordinary, everyday life. Ironically, this post was prompted by an extraordinary event in my day -an embarrassing photograph on Facebook. No, it's not what you're thinking - please, I'm 52, give me a little credit.
I don't Facebook much because, well frankly, my life is dull, the ruts worn deep, and I struggle to find interesting things to report to all 17 of my friends. ( I hear a small voice whisper "loser").
I don't do anything to make embarrassing photos. Well, other than every time I take my clothes off. But I digress.
No, I had posted a photo of soup, chock full of veggies like broccoli, kohlrabi, zucchini, fennel, carrots, celery and onion, tasty and nutritious which my husband had prepared (by the way, husband does ALL the cooking at our house) but when I saw the photo writ large on the 17" screen rather than on the tiny cell phone from which it was initially posted, I thought "OMG, that looks like Vomit in a Bowl." The photo was disgustingly, nauseatingly, shall we say, unappetizing.
And I had posted it proudly. Soup. That looks like Vomit.
So what did I do? I posted no less than 5 additional comments attempting to explain the soup which in turn meant my Facebook friends who were alerted with each comment thusly posted got to look at it again and again... and again and again and again. Funnily, there was not an abundance of LIKES. Imagine that.
The post was deleted.
You're welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment