We are members of a CSA and are enjoying fresh veggies.
Last week our box included a head of Romaine Lettuce.
Fresh, green, lovely lettuce. The freshest ever. Picked that day just for us.
The proudest I've ever been of a head of lettuce.
Fresh, fresh, fresh, fresh. Yes it was fresh.
I was pretty excited about having a fresh salad made with the freshest lettuce that
I knew no one else I know has so I could brag about it. I'm in a CSA and you aren't!
So what the heck did we do?
We froze it.
Isn't that what you do with the freshest lettuce ever?
Freeze it at the peak of freshness. Just like Birds eye.
Let me correct the record. I did not do it. Husband and I do things as "we"
except when something is wrong, then it is he. Of course.
He put the lettuce on the top shelf of the fridge (why?) which gets way too cold.
See, he knew that but he forgot. Whatever. Remember he does ALL the cooking so he is in the fridge a lot more often than me.
But that day, I opened the refrigerator door to find fresh frozen lettuce.
Great.
Actually I think I may have overreacted.
Look what you did, I shrieked. You froze the lettuce, I wailed.
This CSA produce costs too much to throw out, I howled.
Well, we're (there's that we again which in this instance means he) just going to have to find a way to use it, I snarled.
So...tonight for supper we had Lettuce Soup.
It was green and lovely and had a very light, good, fresh taste.
"Honey" I say, "you're good."
Hubby says "No, I'm damn good."
I got a chuckle out of this, too funny.
ReplyDeleteMomma, you're such dork!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YOUR BLOG! It is so you. I have added it to my blog reading list and I'm waiting for your next post with bated breath!
ReplyDelete